Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What Do You Write?

People think all I write are grants and evaluation reports.  It's true that in a typical month I'll write hundreds of pages for grants or program evaluation reports, but it has occurred to me recently, that I write so much more than just those things.

Here's a sample of the different things I write on a typical day, in addition to grants and evaluation reports:
  • Journal entries (I journal just about every day.  It keeps me sane.)
  • Blog posts (Two blogs now, this one and The Grant Goddess Speaks)
  • Blog comments (I read over 20 blogs every day, and I often comment)
  • Twitter posts (Two accounts - grantgoddess and veronicarobbins
  • Facebook status updates (For my status as well as for our Creative Resources & Research and Grant Goddess pages)
  • Numerous text messages to my husband, son, employees, and friends
  • Notes from client meetings
  • Email (about 100-200 a day, depending on how busy we are)
  • Miscellaneous other social media and social bookmarking updates (Buzz, Digg, etc.)
  • To do lists
  • Calendar updates
  • Poetry (Shhh....that's my secret)
  • Book reviews (started doing this more often on Amazon, have been doing it for a while on other sites)
  • Sentences for my 6 year old to copy and/or complete
  • Articles (posted around the web and sent to hard copy publications)
  • Press releases
  • My next book (yes, I have a couple in the hopper.)
  • Web page content for GrantGoddess.com)
  • Letters (yes, I still write letters to a few selected friends...real, old school, stamped letters...crazy, huh?)
I'm sure I have forgotten a few things, but you get the point.  I'm writing all the time.

How about you?  What do you write?

------------------------------

View the whole A Writer's Journey Blog.



1 comment:

  1. I write blog posts from time to time about mostly useless stuff. I read many blogs, tons of news and tons of emails...

    ReplyDelete