Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why Another Blog?

Those of you who know me may be wondering why I am starting another blog.  Don't I write enough already? Well, yes, I do.  In fact, I have put off starting this blog for that very reason.

But I really do have a good reason. I published 101 Tips for Aspiring Grant Writers in March, and I set up an Author's Page on Amazon shortly thereafter. There is a very cool blog feature on the Author's Page that I started to use.  It's a way to communicate with readers about the book, and my writing journey in general.  Sounds great, right?  I thought so, too, until I learned that only the three most recent posts show up on the page.  Then they disappear.  Whenever I write a new post, it pushes one of them off into oblivion.  There's no archive, no way to retrieve it. In short, the writing is lost forever.

Well, as you can imagine, that just doesn't work for me.  Not at all.

There is another way to do it.  I can start another blog and then point the feed to the Amazon Author's Page and then all posts are saved, and I stay in control of the content completely.  That sounds more like it, doesn't it?

So, that's how we got here.

I'll be writing about my writing journey and I welcome input from other writer's too.

Here we go.......


No comments:

Post a Comment