Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One Step at a Time

My writing workload today is huge, almost overwhelming.  I have a very large  grant that needs to be finished.  That means I need to get about 100 pages written in the next couple of days. I also have a grant review and critique to write for a client, several book reviews that I promised to other authors, blog posts, a newsletter, and some website edits.

The question that keeps streaming through my mind is, "How am I going to get all of this done in the next couple of days?"

The answer - One step at a time.  or maybe it would be more accurate to say one word at a time.

Here's what I know:  The more I think about it and worry about how I'm going to get it done, the more I lose precious writing time. The time will be much better spent by getting started with the writing.

Here's something else I know:  Once I get into the flow of writing, time flies and I seem to be able to get more done than I think.

So, like everything else in life, it's all about taking that first step.

--------------------------------
Read more of A Writer's Journey.

For grant writing thoughts and tips, try The Grant Goddess Speaks.

Our Online Learning Center is now live!  Sign up for online grant writing curses and seminars.  Develop and improve your grant writing skills on your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment