Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon

I'm sitting here in front of my computer staring at blank screen. Again. It seems like I have been doing that a lot lately. I could write yet another post on overcoming writer's block (please, please, don't make me do that), or I could just share some of the random thoughts that have flashed through my head over the past few minutes.

A very wise woman taught me years ago that something doesn't have to come out of my mouth (or out through my keyboard) just because it pops into my head, so I won't be sharing all of the random thoughts I've had (be grateful).  Still, you may be a bit shocked at the wild ride an ADD brain takes every moment of every day.  Please fasten your seat belts. Here we go....

  • I have a friend who sent me an opinion piece on Facebook about some things America can supposedly learn from the Egypt situation. I took the time to type out a lengthy response on my itty-bitty iPhone keyboard, but there was no response.  What's up with that?
  • My husband feels the need to come in every few minutes to make sure I'm working. That's annoying.
  • How come Pandora plays Bruce Springsteen and Louis Armstrong on the same channel that's supposed to be The Eagles?
  • Is sexting ok on Valentine's Day?
  • The Propel water additive for my water tastes like grape but it's colorless.  How do they do that?
  • What's my oldest son doing right now?
  • Why can't I have relationships with friends that are not somehow connected to my husband?
  • Wow....my daffodils are gorgeous!
  • I forgot to get a Valentine's card in the mail to my aunt.  Should I send one late, or just send flowers instead?
  • There was an opinion piece in the Sacramento Bee today that basically said we should blame the kids for the lousy performance of schools.  Great....blaming the victim, again. How about proposing a real solution?
  • My husband sure is cute.
  • How can I get motivated to attack the pile of writing projects on my desk?
  • What would happen if I just quit my job?
  • I wish I were in Napa right now.  It's too beautiful a day to be inside at a computer.
  • Sometimes I am so overcome with gratitude for the goodness in my life I can barely breathe.
  • Sometimes I am so overcome with restlessness and a desire for more in my life that I can barely breathe.
  • I wish I didn't like popcorn so much.
  • Can you get sick from eating too much popcorn?
  • This chair is too hard.
  • The window here in my office needs washing desperately.
  • My kids are really great. I love them so much.
  • I have a few friends I really care about that I want to talk to more, but I just seem to get too busy to pick up the phone.  What's up with that? Shame on me.
  • I wonder if I'll live to see my youngest grow up.
  • I miss my mom.
  • I need to spend more time with my youngest.  Where is that time going to come from?
  • Geez, the skin on my hands is so dry. 
  • How am I going to get those income taxes paid?
  • I sure would like a few days to just spend alone.
  • I'd better get started on that anti-gang grant timeline.
  • I know I'm supposed to cut back on salt, but how much is too much?
I think I'll stop there.  I could go on and on and on. When I have writer's block, the problem isn't that I can't think of anything.  The problem is that I think too much. Now I just need to corral those random thoughts into something productive.

------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment