Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The God Box

As were driving home from church last Sunday, my son was explaining what they did in Children's Church. Apparently, they were asked to write their problems on a sheet of paper and then put them in a box in the middle of the room.  Then they would turn all of those problems over to God and ask him to help them.

"What did you write on your paper?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied.

That surprised me. "Nothing?  Why didn't you write anything?"

"Well," he said, "I really don't have any problems."

That's how a seven year old should feel, I believe - happy, and secure, and living in a world that is full of possibilities and no problems.

I looked over at my husband and smiled.

In a world where so many children are troubled, afraid, hungry and abused, or little boy knows that he has no problems.

That's something else to add to my gratitude list.

*****************
Read more of  A Writer's Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment