Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writing Another Book

I have another book in the works.  I remember how excited I was when I started writing my first book, 101 Tips for Aspiring Grant Writers.  I had something to say that could help people and I was anxious to get it on paper. I learned, though, that writing the first draft was the easy part. The editing process was tedious and time consuming.  In fact, I wanted to be done with it a couple of months before I was actually done.

So, when I started writing the new book, my excitement was tempered by some reality. Do I really want to jump into a lengthy process....again? Is my topic compelling enough for me that I'll be able to persevere through the boring parts of the process? Am I ready to commit to do my best on this project from the first word I write through marketing and sales?

If the answer to all these questions isn't "yes," then I shouldn't start.

After some reflection, I decided that it's time to take on this project. In fact, it's a really good time to take on a project like this.

So I'm writing another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment